Scratch Exploration: Name animation & My Favorite Project

 


👾 What is one of my favorite scratch project?

As a newcomer to the Scratch world, I enjoy exploring different projects and learn from each other in the community. There are a great number of excellent examples that I can draw on and they cover multiple topics. For me, the sense of community does ensure a better user experience. 

The picture above is a screenshot of a project that I like. It is an emoji maker. Users can choose 「eyes」,「mouth」,「element」,「face color」clicking the corresponding buttons. Users can also get all the steps done with one click on the whirl-like sign. This button helps users choose each part of the emoji randomly. Although the functions are quite simple, the interactive effect is awesome. The video below presents the interactions in the project.



👾 Learn about CLONE

Looking inside the project, I learned a lot about how a specific effect is realized by the specific arrangement of blocks. The blocks below realize the floating pink decorations in the backdrop. The decorations include three different types. They show up at randomly-picked places and move forward in a randomly-picked direction. The big chunk below the other two controls the 「ghost」effect during floating. 

The new thing I learn here is the concept of 「clone」. In this effect, the creator used 「when I start as a cloneand 「create a clone of 」. These two expressions need to be used in pairs. I think the function of the first expression is to preset the parameter of a clone or create a model of a clone, and then the second one controls the production. Whenever we need to create many similar items, we can use a clone. 




👾 Name animation 

Here is my name animation project, please view it via https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/489063091/ 


In my project,


These are the sprites that I used: cats, letters, my hobbies and favorite food. The microphone stands for music and the earth stands for travel. 



  • The first scene you may see is a running cat. He is exploring the city. He would say "Hi” to you. To make the "exploring" effect, I used many building sprites to form a city view and repeat the costumes while the cat is running.
  • The next one is triggered by one click. Since I used 「broadcast message 」 here, once the other sprites with the event handler listen to the message, they would execute the corresponding codes. We can see the running cat incline down on the floor.  To realize a「 fade-in effect」, I preset the ghost value to 100 and then create a loop to decrease the value to 0. I would see the movement of H and I. And the apple, the microphone, the muffin would show up in different ways.
  • You can also interact with the apple and the other sprites. Since I used a 「touching mouse-pointer?  conditional statement, if it is true, then an effect will be applied. Go to have a look.
  • Once the "N" shows up, it would trigger the 「show」of the earth, and the earth would make some movements

😬




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch Mini-project: Simple MP4 & Remix