TURTLE ART GALLERY & MEMO 🐒

 


RANDOM SQUARES ⬜️

As you can see above, it is a piece of artwork I created using TURTLE ART.

In this program, I used Random block a lot.  Since the random block can generate different values each time you call it, I can create unique artwork each time I run the coding block. There are several elements that I used random block:

1. Color

2. Width and Length 

3. Positions

4. Pen size

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡


This picture shows how I made it.😜

Besides this, I have also done some of the challenges in the Geometric Drawing Challenges. I pretty enjoyed recreating them piece by piece and reflecting on the function of each block. 



I reckon this challenge is a difficult one for me. I spent a long time dong this one than others. As presented in the picture, the code block is a large chunk with four conditional statements. In order to make the main body of the code look more compact and clean, I used my block to store a repeated pattern. 


1.Before the conditional statements, the pen size, pen color, 

the start position were set. 

2.By analyzing the picture, I found the color changes

 according to the angle.

3.The movement of the turtle is the same:forward, 

then back

4.Angle needs to be changed a little every time the 

turtle repeats the movement. 


πŸ“ Reflection on IF + FOREVER

In the beginning, I just knew how to use if statement and forever statement separately and once. When I came across the challenge I posted above, I was confused about how to loop the movement pattern and restrict the condition to be a certain range of angle, and how to apply the changes of color to the drawing. To solve the first problem, I tried to combine if and forever together, to make sure that the angle changes every loop. To solve the second one, I realized the key was the different conditions, and consequently nested conditional statements one inside another. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scratch Mini-project: Simple MP4 & Remix